When I think of the wisdom and scope of God’s plan, I fall to my knees and pray to the Father, the Creator of everything in heaven and on earth. I pray that from his glorious, unlimited resources he will give you mighty inner strength through his Holy Spirit. And I pray that Christ will be more and more at home in your hearts as you trust in him. May your roots go down deep into the soil of God’s marvelous love. And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high and how deep his love really is. May you experience the love of Christ, though it is so great you will never fully understand it. Then you will be filled with the fullness of life and power that comes from God. (Ephesians 4:14-19 NLT)
Let us summarize the lessons we have learned this week:
1. You were created in the beginning as a woman who is an image bearer of God. Your role as a woman was carefully planned by God to bring a special part of God’s character to this world.
2. As a woman you provide a special kind of support for men; the same kind of support that he receives from the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
3. You were carefully planned for and watched over even before you were born. God’s purpose for your life was decided before the beginning of time.
4. God made a way for us never to be separated from him through the death and resurrection of his son Jesus Christ.
5. If you receive the gift God gave us in Christ you are now in the bloodline of Christ.
6. You are uniquely designed by the master craftsman God himself. Like a beautiful snowflake there is no other like you, nor will there ever be. God has gifted you specifically with the ability to serve others and live out your purpose on earth and in eternity.
On this last day of the week I pray that you will meditate on this wonderful verse from the Book of Ephesians. I have a friend who mentored me when I first became a Christian. This is the scripture that she prays for each of her four children and her grandchildren. It touched me deeply when I first learned it and it still does today. I have four adult children and one in high school and recently became a grandmother. As women I believe most of us have a deep longing for our children to experience true love, peace and happiness in their lives. If we could take that same longing and multiply it a hundred times we might begin to comprehend the desire God has for us as to trust his loving care for each of us. The love we have for our children, husbands and parents pales in comparison to the love God has for us. “But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners.” (Romans 5:8 NLT)
My prayer for you is that you will take the time to continue to study God’s word and that you would come to believe as I have that it is the complete truth. If this is the first time you have read or heard this kind of devotional then I want you to know there is so much more! Get help from your local church, Christian book store, pastor, trusted Christian counselor or mentor. As you continue to study and learn then you will develop those deep roots that this verse speaks of. Nothing will be able to tear you away from the love and power God has given you through Christ Jesus!